Data Protection Statement for the website www.gfh-gmbh.de
The following provides information about the collection of personal data when you are using our website. Personal data include all information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person (excluding legal entities, such as a GmbH or AG). The personal data mainly include details such as name, address, email address or professional relationships of a person.
§ 1 Controller and Data Protection Officer
§ 2 Collection of personal data when you contact us by email or use the contact form
(1) When you contact us by email, the data provided by you (especially your email address, and possibly, your name and your phone number) are stored by us, in order to reply to your questions.
(2) When you contact us using the contact form on our home page, we also store the data provided by you (name, phone number, email address), in order to respond to your inquiries.
(3) The processing takes place on the legal basis of point (b) of Art. 6(1) of GDPR (pre-contractual measures). The data required in this connection will be deleted by us, after they are no longer required to be retained, or the processing will be restricted, if statutory retention obligations exist.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you use the website merely for informational purposes and if you provide information to us otherwise, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our site to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is point (f) of Art. 6(1) sentence 1 of GDPR):
- Browser type and browser version
- The operating system used
- Referrer URL
- the sub-sites, which can be controlled on our Internet page through an accessing system
- IP address
- Date and time of the server request
- Internet service provider of the accessing system
However, the IP address is anonymised immediately after the processing and before its storage, so that the respective person can no longer be identified.
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored in your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information will flow to the location that sets the cookie (by us here). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet service totally more user-friendly and more efficient.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function will be explained in the following:
– Transient cookies (refer b)
– Persistent cookies (refer c).
- b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. In particular, these include the session cookies. These save a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ, depending on the cookie. You can always delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser.
- d) You can configure your browser settings as desired by you, and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 4 Use of Google-Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and facilitate analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In case of activation of the IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states of the Agreement of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide further services related to the website usage and the Internet usage for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by means of a corresponding setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the recording of data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) in Google as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". By this, IP addresses will be shortened, thus preventing the personal identification. If the data collected from you has a personal reference, it is excluded immediately and the personal data is thus deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics, in order to analyse the use of our website and to be able to improve on a regular basis. Through the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. In exceptional cases, where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is point (f) of Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 of GDPR. 2
§ 5 Use of Google AdWords
This website uses Google AdWords, a service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") for Internet advertising, which allows advertisers to make advertisements in the Google search engine results as well as in the Google Display Network.
The person responsible for the processing has integrated Google on this Internet page. Google AdWords allows advertisers to define certain key words in advance, by means of which an advertisement will appear in the Google search engine results, only if the user retrieves a keyword-relevant search result using the search engine. In the Google Display Network, the advertisements are distributed over topic-relevant Internet pages by means of an automatic algorithm and based on the pre-defined key words.
The purpose of Google AdWords is the promotion of our Internet page by the insertion of interest-relevant advertising on the Internet pages of third-party companies and in the search engine results of the Google search engine and the insertion of third-party advertising on our website.
If a data subject views a Google advertisement on our website, then a so-called conversion cookie is stored by Google in the information technology system of that data subject. What cookies are, has already been explained above. A conversion cookie loses its validity after thirty days and is not used for the identification of the data subject. Provided the conversion cookie has not yet expired, it is tracked through the conversion cookie, whether certain subpages, for example, the shopping cart of an online shop system, have been visited on our Internet page. Through the conversion cookie, both we and Google can track, whether a data subject, who has viewed an AdWords advertisement on our Internet site, has generated a transaction, i.e., has completed or aborted a sale of goods.
The data and information collected by the use of conversion cookie are used by Google, in order to collect statistics regarding visits to our Internet page. These statistics regarding visits are used by us again, in order to determine the total number of users, which have been made known to us through AdWords advertisements, i.e., in order to determine the success or failure of the respective AdWords advertisement and to optimise our AdWords advertisements for the future. Neither our company nor any other of Google AdWords advertising customers receive any information from Google, by means of which the data subject could be identified.
Conversion cookie is used to store personal information, for example the Internet pages visited by the data subject. Each time you visit our Internet pages, personal data, including the IP address of the Internet connection used by the data subject, are transferred to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google passes on these personal data collected through the technical process to third parties under certain circumstances.
The data subject can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time, as already shown above, by means of an appropriate configuration of the Internet browser used and thus avoid the setting of cookies permanently. Such a configuration of the Internet browser used would also prevent Google from setting a conversion cookie in the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, a cookie already set by Google AdWords can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further, there is a possibility for the data subject to avoid the interest-based advertising by Google. In order to do this, the data subject must call from each Internet browser used by him/her the link www.google.de/settings/ads and then make the desired settings there.
Information on third-party provider: The operator of the Google AdWords services is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. For more information on the purpose and the scope of data collection and its processing by Google, please refer to the data protection statements of the provider under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
§ 6 Use of Google Maps
(1) On this web page, we use the offerings of Google Maps. This allows us to display to you interactive maps directly in the website and enable you to conveniently use the maps function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have retrieved from the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to under § 3 of this statement are transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account, with which you have logged in, or whether any user account exists or not. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment to your profile with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or on-demand design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged in users) for the provision of on-demand advertising and to inform other users of social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, in which case you must approach Google for exercising this right.
(3) For more information on the purpose and the scope of data collection and its processing by Google, please refer to the data protection statements of the provider. You can also get more information there about your rights pertaining to it and setting options to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data even in the United States and abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 7 Use of Social Media Plug-Ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Xing, LinkedIn. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, in principle no personal data are passed on to the provider of the plug-ins initially. You can recognise the provider of the plug-ins from the marking on the box, from his initial letters or the logo. We offer you the option to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-ins using the button. Only if you click on the highlighted field and thus activate, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have visited the relevant website of our online offer. In addition, the data referred to under § 3 of this statement are transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address is immediately anonymised after collection, according to the information of the respective provider in Germany. By activating of the plug-ins, your personal data is thus transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of U.S. providers in the United States). Since the plug-in provider collects data, in particular through cookies, we recommend you to delete all cookies by using the security settings of your browser before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We will have no control over the collected data and the data processing activities, nor will we be aware of the full extent of data collection, the purpose of processing and the storage periods. Also we will not have any information regarding the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected from you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or on-demand design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged in users) for the display of on-demand advertising and to inform other users of social network about your activities on our website. You are entitled to a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, in which case you must approach the respective plug-in provider for exercising this right. By means of the plug-ins, we provide you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is point (f) of Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 of GDPR.
(4) The data forwarding is carried out regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and have logged in there. If you have logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us are directly deposited into your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you operate the activated button and for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also saves this information in your user account and communicates it openly with your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, in particular before activating the buttons, since you can thus avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and the scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the following data protection statements of these providers. You can also get more information there about your rights pertaining to it and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection notices:
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook abides by the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google abides by the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- d) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn abides by the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 8 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offer, which have been stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube receives the information that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to under § 3 of this statement are transmitted. This is done regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account, with which you have logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment to your profile with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or on-demand design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged in users) for the provision of on-demand advertising and to inform other users of social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, in which case you must approach YouTube for exercising this right.
(3) For more information on the purpose and the scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube, please refer to its data protection statement. You can also get more information there about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data even in the United States and abides by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, through which we will inform you about our current interesting offers.
(2) For the registration to our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in process. This means that after your registration we will send an email to the indicated email address, in which we will request you to confirm that you want us to send the newsletter. In addition, we store your IP addresses used and the dates of registration and confirmation. Purpose of this process is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to be able to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The mandatory detail required for sending the newsletter is only your email address. After your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is point (a) of Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 of GDPR.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour while sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the sent emails include the so-called tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files that are stored on our website. From the embedded tracking pixels, the GFH GmbH can detect whether and when an email was opened by a data subject and which links contained in the email were called by that data subject. Such personal data collected through the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters will be stored and evaluated by the person responsible for processing, in order to optimise the sending of newsletters and to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the data subject in a still better way. These will not be passed on to third parties.
You can prevent this tracking at any time, by clicking on the special link that is provided in each email, or informing us about another way of contact. The information will be stored as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. After sign-off, we will store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
§ 10 Participation in surveys
We conduct surveys on a regular basis. If we collect your data in the course of a survey, the information you provide will be stored and used by us for the purpose of carrying out, post-processing the survey and customer service. The data we collect for this results from the survey itself (e.g. surname, first name, email). Your data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required.
§ 11 Data Protection
In addition, we use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect personal data, in particular against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against hacking by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously adapted in line with technological developments.
§ 12 Changes to this Data Protection Statement
If it is necessary to adapt security and data protection measures due to technical or legal development, we will also modify this data protection statement accordingly. Please pay attention to the latest version of our data protection statement.
§ 13 Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights against us in respect of the personal data concerning you:
– Right to obtain access to the personal data,
– Right to request rectification or erasure,
– Right to request restriction of processing,
– Right to object to the processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.